The 3rd edition of Iberodocs takes place in Edinburgh later this week from Wednesday 4th – Sunday 8th and there is plenty in their programme to recommend. Of the films I’ve seen, I’d recommend Llévate mis amores (which was my favourite documentary at last year’s EIFF), O Futebol and No Cow on the Ice – and also the shorts Ser e voltar (which is paired with the latter feature – both are by Galician filmmakers) and Sin Dios ni Santa María (which appears in the main shorts programme) – but I’ve also heard good things about Rio Corgo and Volta à terra, so I think that the festival is pretty jam-packed with things worth seeing. I have previously reviewed (in relation to different festivals) three of the films that are being shown and I have written another three this past weekend. I will add the links below as they are published over at Eye for Film.
- Llévate mis amores / All of Me (Arturo González Villaseñor, 2014) [trailer]
- No Cow on the Ice / Ingen ko på isen (Eloy Domínguez Séren, 2015) [trailer]
- No me contéis entre vosotros / Don’t Include Me Among You (Isidro Sánchez, 2015) [trailer]
- O Futebol [On Football] (Sergio Oksman, 2015) [trailer]
- Sin Dios ni Santa María / Neither God nor Santa María (Samuel M Delgado and Helena Girón, 2015) [trailer]
- Sobre la marxa / The Creator of the Jungle (Jordi Morató, 2014) [trailer]
These are likely to be my last reviews for a while, but I hope to get back to writing on here regularly.